Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Fault In Our Stars by John Green Book Review

Author: John Green
Release Date: January 10th 2012
Publisher: Dutton Books
Pages: 316
Rating: 5 stars

Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.







Review:

    Okay let me get this straight. this is the best novel I have ever read.period. I have never ever experienced feelings of happiness and sadness at such excess. ever. 

     While reading this book I felt myself laughing at the amazing humor and at the same time feeling depressed. it wasn't an emotional roller coaster...it was a roller coaster with two speeds. happy and sad and that was pretty much it. 

     I suddenly found myself sobbing tp the point my husband woke up asking me what was wrong and to the point I mumbled don't you ever die on me while trying to catch my breath. Cried while reading a book before? Never happened and I think it wont ever happen again.

     The whole theme of the book had to do with cancer and how people find a way to love and to forgive and appreciate life and family and friends. How through a disease a person can change so much and how love can be found...and lost. The book also concentrates on the side characters that also play an important role in the book and to the main characters. Enough with the analyzation just go read the book and get your minds blown away.
      I fucking totally recommend this awesome book.

No comments:

Post a Comment