Monday, September 8, 2014

Mini Reviews Monday


On Dublin Street by Samantha Young
5 stars


This book had me captivated since page one. It was really easy to get into and the sarcastic, beautiful and smart characters had me immediately. The story developed slowly in order to get to know all the main characters and when it finally came into momentum I was swooning like crazy.
It is a sad, heart breaking story about two people, each with their own issues , which were down to earth, and overcoming their fears each in their own way. The story deals with real life situations and problems and that made it even more believable. An amazing read.



Memoirs of A Geisha by Arthur Golden
4 stars

 
I watched the movie years before I picked this one up and I regret the fact that I didnt do it earlier. The story was so much better and different than the movie itself and a lot more sad. Although, the book seemed to me like a real memoir it is a work of fiction that it is so well written. Astoundingly captivating. I liked the fact that the author although, he was saying a story the premise was based (and was subtly visible throughout the book) on how women got used for entertainment for men , worked their entire lives for their mistresses ,with no life of their own and how far can someone go for a revenge. The characters were so alive and perfect, each with it own bad habits and faults but with perfections as well. This is a great book that everyone should read.


Rush by Maya Banks
1 star

I dont have almost anything to say about this book because it was a DNF/Dropped. If you read 50 shades of Grey then you have read this book as well. Dont even bother. It is a fanfiction of the actual 50 Shades and to be honest I couldn;t read any more than page 47.



Efterpi

No comments:

Post a Comment