Sunday, October 12, 2014

Book Review: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century by Rachel Harris [Review by Sharon]

Author:  Rachel Harris
Series: My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century
Number: 1
Number of pages: 260
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Date published: 18 September 2012
Buy on: AmazonAmazon UK


Rating: 4 stars

"On the precipice of her sixteenth birthday, the last thing lone wolf Cat Crawford wants is an extravagant gala thrown by her bubbly stepmother and well-meaning father. So even though Cat knows the family’s trip to Florence, Italy, is a peace offering, she embraces the magical city and all it offers. But when her curiosity leads her to an unusual gypsy tent, she exits . . . right into Renaissance Firenze.

Thrust into the sixteenth century armed with only a backpack full of contraband future items, Cat joins up with her ancestors, the sweet Alessandra and protective Cipriano, and soon falls for the gorgeous aspiring artist Lorenzo. But when the much-older Niccolo starts sniffing around, Cat realizes that an unwanted birthday party is nothing compared to an unwanted suitor full of creeptastic amore. Can she find her way back to modern times before her Italian adventure turns into an Italian forever?"


Review:

I have to admit I was surprised by this one. I was so sure it will be just another easy fluffy read and instead I discovered yet another author to love. 

This story deals with issues like; speaking your mind, accepting yourself, accepting that sometimes things change. 

There is cute romance here and friendship. 

I think what I loved most was the fact that it never got dark even when it dealt with some serious subjects, It was so matter-of-factly I liked that. 

While reading the book I kept on thinking "This is the kind of book I'd like my daughters to read (when I'll have kids). It will give them a positive message and will show them that it's allright to be yourself."

It has been months since I read the book so I can't write an article any more. However, I still remember the feeling I had- and that was a fantastic one!

No comments:

Post a Comment