Monday, November 17, 2014

Book Talk: To Be Read Listing Chaos

From the first book an avid reader holds to the very last he will read he pretty much follows a list...or not.

I had a huge tbr list a little while ago, that listed more than 400 books. Yes, that is pretty much on the amount of books that I have already read all these years.

The thing is to actually read those books which, for me, it's insurmountable. The problem is that a lot of new books come out, the one after the other and I want to read all of them, or at least most of them. The thing is that I read slowly because I don;t have a lot of time to do so, so the list continues to accumulate books.

I realized that from the books that I had on the list, the past two years, I only read 16 out of 400 and then I decided to cut it down...a lot.  I started looking up the books on goodreads and at the same time crossing items out of the list. I found myself wondering how some books came to be in the list, or how could I be interested in a book like the particular one I was looking at at the time. My taste has changed dramatically from what I used to read when I started the list.

Right now, on my list consists of only 50 books, some of which I am currently reading and for the future I will try to stick to it as much as possible.

Did you ever have a similar problem with your reading list? Leave a comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment